Privacy and Cookies
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
- We will collect Personal Data that you voluntarily provide us, for example, when you join the CTO UK Chapter or the Caribbean Travel Guru Training Programme, when you send emails to CTO, when you register to attend CTO roadshows, events or webinars, participate in a contest or promotion, make a purchase, request information, or otherwise communicate with us.
- In order to use certain parts of the website, you may need to first complete a registration form to create a user name and/or password. During registration you may be required to give contact information.
- The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, mobile number, and other contact or identifying information you choose to provide. We may also collect Personal Data when you sign up for marketing emails, events, or other opportunities through CTO.
- Billing and transactional information pursuant to your participation in a CTO marketing activity, or tickets for CTO events.
- When you visit CTO websites you are free to explore the websites without providing any Personal Data about yourself. To make CTO sites and service more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your hardware model, operating system version, browser type, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit, broad geographic location and other technical data collected through cookies, pixel tags or other similar technologies as collected through Google Analytics.
- Log Files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyse trends, administer the sites, track users’ movements around the sites, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our sites to our users’ needs. For example, some of the information may be collected so that when you visit the sites again, it will recognize you and the information could then be used to serve information appropriate to your interests. We do not link this automatically-collected data to Personal Data.
- Flash LSOs. When CTO posts videos, third parties may use local shared objects, known as “Flash Cookies,” to store your preferences for volume control or to personalize certain video features. Flash Cookies are different from browser Cookies because of the amount and type of data and how the data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash Cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash Cookies, click here:
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
We use personal data to:
- Facilitate the creation of and completion of your profile for use with the CTO sites;
- Identify you as a member of our membership sites;
- Contact you about the services on our site in which you have expressed interest.
- Improve the quality of experience when you interact with the sites and service;
- Send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when you sign up to download files and when your membership was created;
- Respond to your enquiries related to requests;
- Make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of the CTO service to solicit your feedback or to respond to your queries;
- Send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to the CTO and for other marketing purposes.
SURVEYS OR CONTESTS
From time to time, we may provide you the opportunity to participate in surveys or contests on our site. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary. We use survey results to further improve this site and its content as well as to enhance our communications with you.
We may use third-party service providers to conduct surveys or contests. If we do, those companies will be prohibited from using our users' personally identifiable information for any other purpose than what has been identified above. We will not share the personally identifiable information you provide through a survey or contest with third parties unless we give you prior notice and a choice to opt out.
NEWSLETTERS AND PRODUCTS
If you wish to subscribe to our electronic newsletter(s) or receive other materials, we will use your e-mail address to send the requested materials. We always provide a way to unsubscribe or opt out.
We provide you the opportunity to opt out of having your personally identifiable information used for any of these purposes.
If you no longer wish to receive electronic newsletters and/or promotional communications, you may opt out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication.
AGGREGATE INFORMATION (non-personally identifiable)
At times, we share aggregated demographic information about our user base with our partners. This information does not identify individual users. We do not link aggregate user data with personally identifiable information in these cases.
How Long CTO Retains Your information
We will retain personal information collected from you for the period allowable by law and where we have a justifiable business need to do so, unless a longer period is required or permitted by law. You can request deletion of your Personal Data at any time and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable law.
Security of Your Personal Data
CTO is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorised access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your site membership account information. Please do not disclose your membership site account password to unauthorised people.
Personally identifiable information
We do not share personally identifiable information (your "profile") with third parties, except insofar as that information is required to fulfill a service that you have requested.
We may use an outside company to fulfil specific requests, and a credit card processing company to bill you for products and services you purchase from us. These companies do not retain, share, store, or use personally identifiable information for any other purposes.
We use third parties to provide fulfilment and processing functions on our site. When you register for products and/or services, we may share information as necessary for the third party to provide those services.
These third parties are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on the CTO. We further reserve the right to disclose or use your personally identifiable information for the purposes of collecting on debts owed in connection with the purchase of products or services on this website.
ACCESS TO AND REMOVAL OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
You may correct, update, delete or deactivate your personally identifiable information by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org , or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below.
The security of your sensitive personal information is important to us. We encrypt that information using Secure Sockets Layer technology (SSL) and digital certificates.
6th Floor AMP House
Croydon CR0 2LX
Tel: 020 8948 0057
Last updated 5 June 2018