The Caribbean: Perfect for Corporate Incentives & Events
We're delighted to say that the Caribbean is becoming more and more popular as a valued and viable choice for seminars, conferences and other corporate events of all sizes. While it still commands a relatively small sector of the market, with several of our operators offering a highly personal and specialised service, the diversity and niche aspects of the Caribbean islands make them extremely appealing to both organisers and delegates.
Along with its very obvious natural attributes, the superb climate, high standard of luxury accommodation and facilities and the range of extra-curricular activities on offer make the region an excellent proposition for truly world-class MICE tourism.
The beautiful Bahamas offer a great deal of scope for those planning group events, with a superb range of upscale accommodation, state-of-the-art meeting and seminar facilities and plenty of activities for delegates to enjoy in their downtime. Of course, they may just want to go to the beach, and that's ok too!
Whether you're organising a meeting for a handful of people or a symposium for hundreds, hosting the occasion in the Bahamas could be one of the best business decisions of your life. You'll wonder why you didn't think of it sooner.
Recommended Resorts in the Bahamas
- The beachfront Superclubs Breezes Resort in Nassau is one of our favourite recommendations for meetings, seminars and corporate events. With the spectacular white sands of Cable Beach quite literally on the doorstep, the resort's accommodation and conferencing facilities make organising an event a breeze. With capacity for up to 500 delegates, the Seabreeze Ballroom encompasses 3,840 sq. feet of space, along with three smaller conference rooms, a large terrace, two registration lobbies and a dedicated Group Co-ordinator.
- Sandals has an entire department dedicated to MICE groups, and there are several resorts in the Bahamas where they can host your corporate event.
Jamaica is the largest English-speaking Caribbean island, and it has a tradition of hosting international travellers.
With a level of hospitality that is unsurpassed, Jamaica is a natural choice for meetings or incentive events. The infrastructure is unparalleled, the telecommunications quality matches that of any industrial giant and the meeting venues are spectacular.
Recommended Resorts in Jamaica
While Barbados may be small, its 166 square miles add up to an ideal destination for planning intimate business meetings or larger conference events. The island's compact size belies its superb range of upmarket accommodation options and the scope of activities on offer for delegates.
The business and technology infrastructure of the island is highly regarded and numerous international businesses have chosen it as a base. If you're considering this beautiful island as a location for your next seminar or business event, you'll find a lot of great facilities to love.
Recommended Resorts for Conferences and Meetings in Barbados
- The stunning oceanfront resorts of the Elegant Hotels Group are among our top recommendations for large and small group events in Barbados. With a handpicked selection of luxury accommodation all round the island, and expansive facilities including onsite co-ordinators to take care of all your business and leisure details, your group will get the VIP treatment from start to finish.
- The Fairmont Royal Pavilion is one of our favourite ultra-luxury resorts on Barbados. Offering state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment and superbly equipped private meeting rooms, the in-house planners can help co-ordinate an occasion to remember.
Other Idyllic Islands
While some Caribbean destinations are more high profile than others in terms of the seminar and conference market, there are plenty more that tick all the right boxes in the most delightful way.
Destinations like Puerto Rico, the Turks & Caicos, Saint Lucia, Antigua, Grenada and Tobago may not initially come to mind as a place to hold a business meeting or larger corporate event, but their gorgeous white sands, lush interiors and glorious oceans can hold the key to presenting a very successful event. With luxury accommodation that includes excellent onsite facilities and easy accessibility from airports, these islands should all be high on the list of potential locations.
- We're proud to recommend Rex Resorts as one of our suggestions if you're planning corporate events in Saint Lucia, Antigua, Grenada, Tobago or Barbados. Their small portfolio of luxury hotels and resorts ideally caters to the business and leisure traveller, with facilities to host up to 160 delegates in a range of spaces.
Plan the Perfect Corporate Event in the Caribbean
If you're planning an international meeting, conference, seminar or corporate event, considering the Caribbean as your destination of choice just makes good business sense. Get in touch with one of our friendly and experienced agents and they can assist you with all the details and direct you to the most appropriate operators to make your event a success. Contact us for further information.