The Top Cruise Destination in the World
Not much can beat an all inclusive Caribbean cruise. Whether you’re a seasoned sea voyager or a first-time passenger indulging in a bucket list vacation, there’s no better way to visit this part of the world than aboard a ship.
This part of the world features more than 7,000 countries, islands, islets and cays; the most comprehensive and most pleasurable way to explore them has got to be by booking a holiday on any one of the best Caribbean cruises to the area.
Traditionally the area is divided into three regions: the southern, the eastern and the western. As each offers a unique combination of activities, features and attractions wrapped in a unique ambiance, there’s sure to be one that will suit your tastes.
The Southern Seas
Imagine exotic landscapes, dramatic volcanoes, diverse and abundant wildlife, a sense of nature’s infinite wonder and picture-postcard beaches. An all inclusive Caribbean cruise to the southern islands is simply the most effective way to turn this dream into a reality.
Ships call at the ports of some these locations: Martinique, Grenada, St Kitts, Saint Lucia, Barbados, Antigua, Curacao and St Vincent and the Grenadines. Passengers will have the opportunity to explore topography that ranges from tropical rainforest to lunar desert landscapes.
- Explore the Pitons of Saint Lucia, relax in the cafe culture atmosphere of Martinique and wander the seaside villages of Barbados on a 12-night Celebrity Cruise.
- Admire the colourful and charming Dutch colonial architecture in Curacao, try snorkelling in Tortola and hike through rainforests in Dominica on a 14-night itinerary with Fred. Olsen.
- Board the Crystal Esprit on one of the Marigot roundtrips for a taste of some of the most exclusive experiences in Rendezvous Bay, Anguilla and Pinney Beach, Nevis.
The Eastern Seas
If you feel the Caribbean is synonymous with a relaxed, laidback approach to life then you should consider visiting the destinations served by the ships that ply the more eastern regions.
The best Caribbean cruises here will call at the ports of some of the following: Saint Martin, Puerto Rico and the British Virgin Islands. These destinations are some of the more westernised parts of the region so you can expect amazing shopping opportunities, fabulous beaches and superb water sports.
- Seeking surf, duty-free shopping and top beach experiences? A Carnival itinerary will take you to Puerto Rico, St Maarten and the British Virgin Islands.
- Don’t miss the thunderous waterfalls of Puerto Rico in the Yunque Rainforest and make sure you snorkel in the crystal clear waters of St Maarten when you pick an all inclusive Caribbean cruise with Royal Caribbean.
The Western Seas
Adventurers, thrill-seekers and those looking for an out of the ordinary cultural experience will get the most from the best Caribbean cruises in this area due south of Florida.
You’ll find routes that include Jamaica, Belize, Cayman Islands, Bahamas and Haiti. You should bring bundles of energy and prepare to use your sea days to rest up in preparation for the adventures coming the next time your ship drops anchor.
To get the picture, think underwater archaeology, ziplining, diving with sharks and climbing waterfalls. Of course, you’ll also be unwinding over relaxing cocktails served along the pristine white beaches – it is the Caribbean after all!
- Challenge yourself to climb Dunn’s River Falls in Jamaica, and dive into the deep end with the sharks in Shark Ray Alley in Belize when you set out on a holiday with Carnival Cruise Line.
- Let a luxury Fred. Olsen vessel whisk you off on a cultural exploration of the extraordinary folklore in Haiti – and don’t forget to book a guided tour of Freeport in the Bahamas.
The Ocean is the Way to Go
The Caribbean’s destinations are so varied in their nature, culture and landscape that a cruise holiday is by far one of the most rewarding ways to experience them as fully as possible. Our team of Caribbean Travel Specialists have the experience and knowledge to help you choose the type of holiday and the company that will suit you best.