Caribbean Tourism Organization Travel Media Awards 2018
31 August, 2018 - The Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO) is excited to announce that nominations are now open for the annual Caribbean Tourism Organization’s Travel Media Awards to be held on Monday 5 November 2018.
Carol Hay, the CTO’s Director of Marketing for UK and Europe, said, “We are looking forward to recognising those creative and prolific journalists and influencers who are both new to the Caribbean and those who live and breathe this special part of the world. We encourage all of our Members, Journalists and Influencers to take the opportunity to share their very best Caribbean stories that have helped to inspire the many readers and viewers to visit our shores.”
The CTO Media Awards, celebrate and reward the very best representation of the Caribbean by the media industry in the areas of writing, photography, digital media, broadcast media and publishing. Applications are invited from Chapter Members, the full spectrum of Media itself and public relations and representation companies based in the UK.
Editorial entries can be news stories, travel features or photography and must present the Caribbean in a positive light, encouraging travel to the region. Social Media Campaigns must include Campaigns where at least three platforms are involved in the activity.
The Caribbean Tourism Organisation is proud to announce its confirmed panel of seven judges for the 2018 Caribbean Travel Media Awards. The judging panel, made up of high-profile individuals representing the travel industry and media, will review the entries across ten categories via a strict criteria and points system. The highest scoring entries will be put forward as finalists next month on 24 October 2018. Read more about the judges here
The closing date for entries will be Friday 12 October with the first nominations to be announced on Wednesday 24 October. The CTO has once again assembled a panel of experts to judge the entries, with key figures in publishing, tourism and leisure represented. The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony to be held at The Fox@ExCel located just outside the West Entrance of the ExCel Exhibition Centre on the evening of Monday 5 November. Pre-registration will be required for the entry to this event.
The 2018 Caribbean Media Awards will include ten categories as follows:
1. Best travel trade feature
2. Best national newspaper feature
3. Best regional newspaper feature
4. Best consumer feature
5. Best broadcast (TV and radio) feature
6. Best online feature
7. Best blog feature/post
8. Best piece of photojournalism
9. Best Social Media Campaign
10. Best Caribbean Round Up
Important Submission Information
• Please ensure all submissions reflect media and social media coverage published online or in print between 1 September 2017 and 31 August 2018.
• Online submissions can be made at www.caribbean.co.uk/ctotravelawards/submission
• All email submissions must be submitted using the attached entry form; you can submit for as many categories as you wish as long as each entry is completed on a separate form. Only one entry per category please. Contact must be clear.
• Please submit your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Print articles must include a PDF or a screen grab of the article in addition to a weblink if possible
• Photojournalism submissions must be emailed as PDF scans of the entire articles
• Broadcast submissions must include a copy of the broadcast, transcript and digital link
• Social Media Campaign entries must include a summary stat report and pdf or screen grabs of posts
• Please submit all entries by Friday 12 October, 2018. Late entries will not be judged
• By submitting an entry, you give permission to the CTO to use your entry in promoting the Media Awards
The Caribbean Tourism Organisation is proud to announce its confirmed panel of seven judges for the 2018 Caribbean Travel Media Awards. The judging panel, made up of high-profile individuals representing the travel industry and media, will review the entries across ten categories via a strict criteria and points system. The highest scoring entries will be put forward as finalists next month on 24 October 2018. READ MORE...