With exotic appeal and countless attractions, a luxury Caribbean holiday is never bland. We’ve collated ten luxury experiences to add a little spice and flavour to your calypso escape.
10 Caribbean Experiences To Enrich Your Luxury Holiday
World-renowned for its blissful beaches, sublime scenery and islands rich with tropical appeal, the vibrant Caribbean is a destination blessed with authentic charisma and enchanting calypso beats. Quintessential swaying palms, powder-soft white sands and engaging local cultures offer a timeless allure for new and returning travellers alike, and with such rich marine life, colonial history, flavoursome cuisine and colourful experiences, there’s plenty to discover throughout the celebrated island chain.
From decadent Bajan resorts in sugar-sweet Barbados, to the intimacy of private retreats in exclusive Mustique and exceptional private villa living in Anguilla, there is an enviable collection of luxurious accommodation to choose from. From palatial mansions and palm-fringed beach retreats, guests can dip their toes in the turquoise waters, embrace the tropical breeze, catch the scent of the native hibiscus flower, savour some local jerk chicken and sway, like the palm trees, to the rhythm of the famous steel pan drums. Whether you seek a little culture in the spice island of Grenada, wish to hike amongst the picturesque Pitons of Saint Lucia, or yarn to sail the waters of Antigua, you’re bound to discover your own version of paradise. For those keen to take to the helm, the Caribbean is also a marine playground, boasting idyllic waters. From setting sail on a nautical adventure, to indulging on a relaxing day charter, the Caribbean is the ideal setting to explore spectacular underwater life.
With Barbados celebrating its 50th Anniversary of Independence, there are even more special experiences and events to engage island visitors this year. Showcasing the island’s love for sport and music, guests will be spoilt for colourful attractions. From motorsports and cricket, to surf, music and food festivals, there is plenty planned to pique your interest and whet your appetite! Inspired by this palpable excitement and year of celebration, we’ve selected a series of luxurious experiences and delectable delights from across the Caribbean – some which are a little less ordinary and some which pack an inspiring punch – for it seems that when it comes to the Caribbean, you can always have sugar sprinkled on the top (or spiced sweet potato, if you prefer)!
10 Luxury Caribbean Experiences To Enrich Your Luxury Holiday:
1) Sail through history with a Tall Ship Caribbean cruise with Star Clippers Cruises
2) Check-in for a state-of-the-art Body Science programme at the BodyHoliday in Saint Lucia
3) Try kite surfing and make a splash in the tropical haven of Saint Lucia
4) Spend an afternoon learning to play polo at the prestigious Apes Hill Polo Club in Barbados
5) Charter a luxury yacht, with expert crew, to sail and dine at your leisure in the Grenadines
6) Take a horse-riding adventure from Montego Bay, riding in the sea in laid-back Jamaica
7) Watch turtles hatch and take part in a conservation programme in Barbados or Grenada
8) Take a scenic helicopter tour, or hike the majestic Pitons in sensational Saint Lucia
9) Savour a private dinner by candlelight within ruins of an authentic Sugar Mill in Jamaica
10) Visit Saint Lucia’s oldest cocoa plantation and taste cacao cuisine and heavenly chocolate at Hotel Chocolat
To learn more about the array of luxury experiences available, or to create your own bespoke dream holiday to the Caribbean, please call our expert Travel Consultants on 01244 897 999. Our dedicated team within the Elegant Resorts office in Barbados will also be thrilled to make any special arrangements for you during your stay. From excursions, dining reservations and salon appointments, through to elaborate celebratory occasions, private yacht charters, private chefs, cookery classes, yoga tuition or cultural tours – we can create an enticing cocktail of experiences just for you.